Educational technology facilitators will contribute to the shared vision for campus integration of technology and foster an environment and culture conducive to the realization of the vision. Educational technology facilitators:
A. Use the school technology facilities and resources to implement classroom instruction.Candidates:
- discuss and evaluate current research in educational technology.
B. Apply strategies for and knowledge of issues related to managing the change process in schools. Candidates:
- discuss the history of technology use in schools.
C. Apply effective group process skills. Candidates:
- discuss the rationale for forming school partnerships to support technology integration and examine an existing partnership within a school setting.
D. Lead in the development and evaluation of district technology planning and implementation. Candidates:
- participate in cooperative group processes and identify the processes that were effective.
- conduct an evaluation of a school technology environment.
- identify and discuss national, state, and local standards for integrating technology in a school environment.
- describe curriculum activities or performances that meet national, state, and local technology standards.
- discuss issues related to developing a school technology plan.
- discuss the elements of and strategies for developing a technology strategic plan.
- examine issues related to hardware and software acquisition and management.
E. Engage in supervised field-based experiences with accomplished technology facilitators and/or directors. Candidates:
- examine components needed for effective field-based experiences in instructional program development, professional development, facility and resource management, WAN/LAN/wireless systems, or managing change related to technology use in school-based settings
Copyright © ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education), 1.800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada) or 1.541.302.3777