Educational technology facilitators promote the development and implementation of technology infrastructure, procedures, policies, plans, and budgets for PK-12 schools. Educational technology facilitators:
A. Use the school technology facilities and resources to implement classroom instruction. Candidates:
- use plans to configure software/computer/technology systems and related peripherals in laboratory, classroom cluster, and other appropriate instructional arrangements.
- use local mass storage devices and media to store and retrieve information and resources.
- discuss issues related to selecting, installing, and maintaining wide area networks (WAN) for school districts.
- model integration of software used in classroom and administrative settings including productivity tools, information access/telecommunications tools, multimedia/hypermedia tools, school management tools, evaluation/portfolio tools, and computer-based instruction.
- utilize methods of installation, maintenance, inventory, and management of software libraries.
- use and apply strategies for troubleshooting and maintaining various hardware/software configurations found in school settings.
- use network software packages to operate a computer network system.
- work with technology support personnel to maximize the use of technology resources by administrators, teachers, and students to improve student learning.
B. Follow procedures and guidelines used in planning and purchasing technology resources.Candidates:
- identify instructional software to support and enhance the school curriculum and develop recommendations for purchase.
- discuss and apply guidelines for budget planning and management procedures related to educational computing and technology facilities and resources.
- discuss and apply procedures related to troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of technology infrastructure.
- apply current information involving facilities planning issues and computer-related technologies.
- suggest policies and procedures concerning staging, scheduling, and security for managing computers/technology in a variety of school/laboratory/classroom settings.
- use distance and online learning facilities.
- describe and identify recommended specifications for purchasing technology systems in school settings.
C. Participate in professional development opportunities related to the management of school facilities, technology resources, and purchases. Candidates: